The Phoenix Education Trust was this year's winner of the AGCAS award for employer engagement. A fantastic achievement for the trust and the collaborative partnership with Queen Mary University. The award recognises the excellent work Phoenix have done to encourage, empower and give genuine and worthwhile work experience to students attending the university. The Trust has also gained a huge amount from the specialist work carried out by the talented students we have had the pleasure of joining us at Phoenix.
The AGCAS award for careers service engagement focuses on employers who develop and sustain good working relationships with higher education careers and employability services. Voted for by careers and employability professionals, the award recognises those employers who provide outstanding support for careers services' work with students and graduates
The Association of Graduate Careers Services (AGCAS) represents all higher education careers services. Services were asked to nominate organisations who were particularly active and effective on campus in working with the careers service. The winner was chosen by the AGCAS board.
Shortlisted nominations for the 2015 AGCAS awards were:
- Atass Sports (nominated by the University of Warwick)
- Jesmond Engineering Ltd (nominated by the University of Hull)
- Midland HR (nominated by Nottingham Trent University)
- Phoenix Education Trust (nominated by Queen Mary University)
- Standard Life (nominated by University of Edinburgh)
- Web Applications UK (nominated by University of Salford)
Find this article useful? Please consider making a donation