Dear Democratic Education Enthusiasts,
We’re giving away two free tickets to EUDEC 2017! The theme of this years’ conference in Paris is ‘Diversity in Democratic Education’. To celebrate this, we are creating a Golden Ticket Challenge Prize for UK participants.
Submitting a video
To enter the prize draw, submit a video (no more than 3 minutes long) about your unique perspective – your idea or your approach for creating Democratic Education in the UK. This could be a collaborative story or scene or could simply involve you as an individual talking to a camera about your experience of a democratic school, your desire for the development of democratic values in mainstream education settings, or your idea to accelerate and amplify the movement for democratic education in the UK. We hope that the videos submitted will help to showcase the diversity of opinions and approaches amongst supporters of the democratic education movement. The videos can be submitted via any online platform, using a privacy setting. Please check the web for details about privacy settings on YouTube and Vimeo.
Terms and Conditions
- The video maker agrees to submitted content becoming the intellectual property of the Phoenix Education Trust, to be used in accordance with our aims and objectives as stated in our Charity’s Articles of Association
- All participants involved in the production of the submitted video have given their verbal consent to the video-maker, prior to its submission to Phoenix
- The video will be published publicly online, by Phoenix, using web-based media platforms (including but not limited to the Phoenix Education Trust website, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter)
- The video maker acknowledges that once a video is online, there are no restrictions about who can watch it, which third party sites can use it and it is not possible to ever completely eradicate its trace from the internet.
- The video must not contain any political or commercial endorsements, discriminatory, racist, offensive, obscene, inflammatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable statements, language or content
- The Phoenix Education Trust is not obliged to take up legal action in response to misuse of the video by third-party interlocutors
- The video maker confirms that the content of their submitted video does not infringe on copyrights or sensitive personal details
- The video maker alone stands the chance to be offered a free conference ticket, including accommodation and 3 meals per day, at EUDEC 2017, from 19th – 27th August
- If the video maker is under 18 years of age, they must obtain parental consent prior to submission of the video, and the Phoenix Education Trust will obtain parental consent before purchasing a ticket on behalf of the video maker, confirming that parents/ guardians have made arrangements for their child/ ward to travel and attend the EUDEC Conference. The Phoenix Education Trust will not take responsibility for care or supervision of under 18s at EUDEC 2017
- The video maker does not need to be a UK National, but does need to have involvement in education in the UK
- The video maker consents to signing a declaration of these terms and conditions upon submission of the video
The Phoenix Education Trust will select the winner using a randomised selection process, and confirms that no intentional bias or judgement will interfere with the selection of the ‘winner’.
Two winners will be announced on Saturday 1st July, pending acceptance of the prize and signed Terms and Conditions and Parental Consent if applicable.
The maximum contribution the Phoenix Education Trust is willing to contribute towards the cost of the conference ticket is €290. If you are not already a EUDEC member, the full cost of the ticket will be €330. The standard fee for EUDEC membership is €60 and details are available on the EUDEC website: www.eudec.org/
*The Phoenix Education Trust is not sponsored by any Chocolatiers. Thanks to the kind generosity of the Meadowbrook Trust, we are able to administer a bursary of up to £1000 to enable individuals to explore and develop Democratic Education in the UK. The Golden Ticket Challenge Prize forms part of this Bursary offer.
Super Seven Travel in Style
We’re inviting seven pioneers to join us on a Eurostar expedition to Paris on Friday 19th August. Eurostar tickets will be available for seven individuals at a cost of just £15, which includes a free glass of champagne on the way. What’s more, EUDEC France has agreed to ‘freeze’ the early-bird conference fee for our ‘Super Seven’ group, so as a EUDEC member, you won’t have to pay more than €290 to attend the conference, inclusive of accommodation and three meals per day.
Applicants must be over 18 years of age, and must consent to travelling on the same pre-booked Eurostar train journey, as agreed by the Phoenix Education Trust (in negotiation with all successful applicants). To apply, please write a brief Cover Letter, of between 500 and 1000 words, detailing the reason you want to go to EUDEC 2017, an outline of your historical, current or proposed contribution to developing Democratic Education in the UK, and an outline of additional materials that you would be willing to share with Phoenix so that we can collaboratively promote Democratic Education in the UK. Although there is no official ‘closing date’ for applications, these will be reviewed on a rolling basis by our Board of Trustees, and successful applicants will be told as soon as possible whether they have been granted a super cheap ticket to Paris.